[Smcwg-public] CAA and S/MIME

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Mon Oct 26 07:25:10 MST 2020

This is how I feel about the issue.  CAA is potentially an interesting
improvement to the S/MIME ecosystem, but the current tags and implementation
were meant for TLS, and shouldn't be reused.

The RFC has an extension mechanism which can easily be used to add new tags
for S/MIME issuance, and issuance of other kinds of non-TLS certificates.

-Tim