[Smcwg-public] Relevant S/MIME standards

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Mon Aug 3 23:00:11 MST 2020

Hello,

there is a German standard that I think we should consider.

As of January 1, 2019, all operators in the German energy sector (the
energy and water industry market) are required to use the RSASSA-PSS
algorithm for signing S/MIME-based communications with market
participants, and the S/MIME certificates themselves must be signed with
RSASSA-PSS.

The relevant regulation can be found here, although in German only (I
could not find an English translation):

https://www.edi-energy.de/index.php?id=38&tx_bdew_bdew%5Buid%5D=70&tx_bdew_bdew%5Baction%5D=download&tx_bdew_bdew%5Bcontroller%5D=Dokument&cHash=e0c45c5f51c7224743339c116feef613
<https://www.edi-energy.de/index.php?id=38&tx_bdew_bdew%5Buid%5D=70&tx_bdew_bdew%5Baction%5D=download&tx_bdew_bdew%5Bcontroller%5D=Dokument&cHash=e0c45c5f51c7224743339c116feef613>

Regards