[Servercert-wg] [External Sender] Re: Re: Discussion Period Begins - Ballot SC-080 V1: "Sunsetting use of WHOIS to identify Domain Contacts"

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Wed Sep 18 08:56:35 UTC 2024

I agree if by "WHOIS-related" methods we mean any method based on the
WHOIS protocol, either directly or via protocol gateways (e.g. web-based
interfaces to WHOIS records). And I support the WHOIS deprecation
initiative in this sense, since it has been shown that it may be unreliable.

However, where the domain contacts information is obtained, e.g. via the
web, from an IANA-accredited domain registrar and is *not* based on
WHIOS, then I think it can be used.
I assume everyone agrees as long as no one raises a hand to object.

Adriano