[Servercert-wg] Discussion Period Begins - Ballot SC-080 V2: "Sunset the use of WHOIS to identify Domain Contacts and relying DCV Methods”

Ryan Dickson ryandickson at google.com
Tue Oct 8 19:15:32 UTC 2024

Hi Rob!

Welcome to the community, we’re glad to have you!

> Yoshihiko-sama's points below are very similar to a variety of use cases
we're researching and unless there's an exception as outlined it looks like
Ballot SC-080 could WEAKEN security in cases like this.

Can you offer more detail on:
- How specifically will the proposed changes weaken security?
- What precisely is the exception that should be considered?
- What are you referring to by the phrase “extended validation?"
- How do the proposed changes impact “extended validation?”

Thanks,
Ryan