[Servercert-wg] Discussion Period Begins - Ballot SC-063: “Make OCSP Optional and Incentivize Automation”

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue May 2 08:58:46 UTC 2023

On 27/4/2023 8:57 μ.μ., Aaron Gable via Servercert-wg wrote:
> I believe that CAs have generally found that Delegated OCSP Signers
> cause more trouble than they're worth, and the same is likely true for
> Delegated CRL Issuers

Hello Aaron,

I don't think there is evidence to support this claim about delegated
OCSP Signers. I am aware of a number of CAs that still use and prefer
the delegated OCSP responder model over the pre-signed responses model.

However, I am not aware of any CA that uses delegated CRL issuers and
perhaps it's not even supported by the existing Browsers.

Thanks,
Dimitris.