[Servercert-wg] [Smcwg-public] [EXTERNAL] Re: orgID - Government entities

Corey Bonnell Corey.Bonnell at digicert.com
Tue Apr 4 09:11:04 UTC 2023

*	I think it correctly states ISO 3166-2 but it incorrectly assumes
that the subdivision has a length of two.

Looks like this is an error that was originally introduced in the EVGs for
orgID. EVG 9.2.8 says:

“For the NTR Registration Scheme identifier, if required under Section 9.2.
4, a 2 character ISO

3166‐2 identifier for the subdivision (state or province) of the nation in
which the Registration

Scheme is operated, preceded by plus “+” (0x2B (ASCII), U+002B (UTF‐
8));”

We should fix that too (CC’ing servercert-wg).

Thanks,

Corey