[Servercert-wg] Ballot proposal: require distributionPoint in sharded CRLs

Wendy Brown - QT3LB-C wendy.brown at gsa.gov
Fri Oct 14 19:34:17 UTC 2022

Just a question -
if a certificate that is being checked for revocation does not contain a
cDP, how will requiring iDP in the CRL assist in preventing a CRL
substitution attack? If you don't have the correct cDP for a given
certificate how will the iDP in that sharded CRL provide assurance that the
RP is looking at the correct CRL?

thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Brown