[Servercert-wg] "Zones" Language in the NetSec Requirements

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Sep 14 21:06:41 UTC 2021

Hi Ben,

Can you share the risk analysis the NetSec Subcommitee is using to inform
this suggestion? I feel like we've gone in circles on this point, and run
the risk of continuing to do so, but it seems that we can best make
progress here by having a better understanding, and seeing if there is
consensus in, "these are the things that we're worried about preventing,
and these are the things prevented that we think should be allowed"

The change of definition in such a core concept obviously has profound
security impact - potentially hugely positively, or potentially hugely
negative. I'm assuming that such an analysis has already been done, and was
hoping you could share that result.