[Servercert-wg] Ballot SC40v2: Security Requirements for Air-Gapped CA Systems

Ben Wilson bwilson at mozilla.com
Tue Feb 16 00:55:47 UTC 2021

Here is the redlined PDF comparison of the NCSSRs based on ballot SC40v2
(proposed last week) and ballot SC41. As I said in my email earlier today,
please provide any comments you may have. A review of the redline shows
that there is no amendment to the "same section" of the NCSSRs that is
subject to a previous ballot that has not yet been finally approved--except
that SC41 moves the Definitions section and SC39 also amends the
Definitions section--which can be easily handled. So, if Ballot SC40v2
moves forward to voting this week, then when we repost the final ballot for
voting we'll "include information about, and a link to, any such previous
ballot(s)", but I doubt anyone will find a conflict, so I don't think we'll
need to include additional provisions to account for that.