[Servercert-wg] Reducing Domain/IP Address Validation Reuse to 398 Days

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Sat Feb 6 16:58:41 UTC 2021

I'm curious if you could explain why it doesn't seem realistic. Given the
data provided, it seems eminently and readily achievable.

Since this only applies to reuse of domain/IP address validation, it seems
like we can look at a shorter period, since as noted in the past, this data
is subject to regular change, and thus needs regular re-validation. As work
such as BygoneSSL shows, simply relying on "domain registrations are a
year" is not sufficient justification, since domain control regularly
changes (e.g. migration of Cloud providers)