[Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL] Update definition of IP Address Contact in the BRs

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Feb 4 10:49:18 UTC 2021

On 4/2/2021 12:28 μ.μ., Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) via
Servercert-wg wrote:

> On 4/2/2021 10:31 π.μ., Paul van Brouwershaven wrote:
>> The problem is that many DNS providers default this value to an
>> address of their own.
>>
>> Where many in-addr.arpa zones are probably operated by range owner in
>> some automated system, some smaller ranges might be delegated to a
>> DNS provider. There are for example almost 3000 zones hosted on AWS
>> Route 53, some sampling showed that many have the address
>> 'awsdns-hostmaster at amazon.com' in the SOA record.

In addition to my earlier comment, Paul, your comment appears to
question an existing requirement for Forward Lookup Domain Name queries.
Was your intention to challenge an existing requirement for the Domain
Contact definition?

Thanks,
Dimitris.