[Servercert-wg] Draft: Agenda for the 29 April SCWG Meeting

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Apr 23 20:21:20 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Jos Purvis (jopurvis) via Servercert-wg <
servercert-wg at cabforum.org> wrote:

> Below is the draft agenda for the 29 April meeting of the Server
> Certificate Working Group. Please let me know if you have updates or
> changes.
>

> *Server Certificate Working Group Agenda – 29 April 2021*
>

> *Item*
>
> *Description*
>
> *Presenters*
>
> 1.
>
> Roll Call
>
> Jos
>
> 2.
>
> Read Antitrust Statement
>

> 3.
>
> Review Agenda
>

> 4.
>
> Minutes Review / Approval
>
> Jos
>
> 5.
>
> Validation Subcommittee Update
>
> Tim
>
> 6.
>
> NetSec Subcommittee Update
>
> Neil
>
> 7.
>
> Ballot Status – see table at end of Agenda
>
> All
>
> 8.
>
> Any Other Business
>
> All
>
> 9.
>
> Next call: 13 May at 11AM Eastern
>

> Adjourn; Immediately convene meeting of CA/B Forum call (same call)
>

> *CURRENT STATUS OF BALLOTS *
>
> *Discussion Period*
>
>    - SC44: Clarify Acceptable Status Codes
>
> *Voting Period*
>
> *None*
>
> *Review Period*
>
>    - SC42v2: 398-day Re-use Period
>
> *Draft / Under Consideration*
>
>    - *Ballot SCXX: Debian Weak Keys *(Chris)
>    - *SC34 Account Management *(Tobi)
>    - *Ballot SCXX: Sunset the CAA Exception* -
>    https://archive.cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2021-April/002617.html
>    Currently have one endorser, seeking a second
>    - *Ballot SCXX: Validation methods for Wildcards/ADNs*
>
>    https://archive.cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2020-December/001607.html
>    Seeking endorsers for an Oct 1 effective date. This aligns with the
>    proposed SC42, and seems a reasonable compromise given the lack of data
>    and/or explicit lack of impact raised by several CAs.

These last two are now SC46 and SC45 (respectively),  at
https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/pull/269 and
https://github.com/cabforum/servercert/pull/271 . They tentatively have
endorsers, and waiting final confirmation and clarification of some last
bits before starting the formal discussion period.