[Servercert-wg] Future of Certlint / CABLint (was Re: Fwd: [zlint] ZLint v2.1.0 Release Candidate)

Rob Stradling rob at sectigo.com
Tue May 19 03:36:39 MST 2020

On 13/05/2020 17:37, Ryan Sleevi via Servercert-wg wrote:
> I'm not sure how closely CAs here are following new ZLint versions, but
> given how many CAs have incorporated some form of pre- or post-issuance
> linting based on ZLint and cablint, I thought it useful to pass this along.
<snip>

Talking of cablint...

It has become clear that the original certlint/cablint repository
(https://github.com/awslabs/certlint) is no longer being maintained.  At
Sectigo we still use cablint as one of our preissuance linters, and
we've been running into more and more problems with cablint's stale PSL
data and one or two out-of-date lints.  We think it's useful to have
multiple, independent certificate linting implementations, and so we
believe that certlint/cablint still has value.  Consequently, Sectigo
Management has asked me to maintain a fork of the certlint/cablint
repository.  Here it is:

https://github.com/certlint/certlint

Collaborators would be very welcome!

BTW, crt.sh is now using this new certlint fork.

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist