[Servercert-wg] Ballot SC31 Browser Alignment - CRL and OCSP profiles

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Jun 25 10:09:02 MST 2020

Corey,

Could you see if https://github.com/sleevi/cabforum-docs/pull/30 makes this
clearer? I appreciate your careful review, as it did reveal a small gap
here in handling existing certificates that were issued for "hybrid"
issuing CAs.

That is, if a single Issuing CA was issuing, say, smartcard certs NOT
subject to the BRs, and TLS certs subject to the BRs, then the Issuing CA
was also subject to the BRs, and would not be able to suspend the smartcard
certificates. The above PR tries to resolve that, by having CAs transition
to separate issuing intermediates, which is also covered within this SC31.