[Servercert-wg] "Common date formats" in EVG 9.2.5

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Thu Jun 11 11:48:25 MST 2020

The following text is current in the EV Guidelines, section 9.2.5:

"If the Jurisdiction of Incorporation or Registration does not provide a
Registration Number, then the date of Incorporation or Registration SHALL be
entered into this field in any one of the common date formats."

Is there any reason why we shouldn't standardize on an ISO 8601 date format
like YYYY-MM-DD?

Obviously, this would require time to implement for CAs that might be using
alternative formats, but I'm not sure what the value is of allowing
flexibility in this particular field.

-Tim