[Servercert-wg] Missing ballot (and EVG revision) from the CABF website?

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Jun 10 12:05:28 MST 2020

When looking at https://cabforum.org/extended-validation/ , I don't see an
EVG 1.5.3

Yet if you look at the changelog history, you'll see EVG 1.5.3 was
associated with Ballot 144, which was voted on in 2015-02 (see
https://oldportal.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2015-February/thread.html )
and as documented on our webpage
https://cabforum.org/2015/02/18/ballot-144-validation-rules-dot-onion-names/

Ben had proposed Redlines (EVGs
https://oldportal.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2015-February/005091.html and
BRGs
https://oldportal.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2015-February/005093.html ),
and we'd posted v1.2.4 of the BRs that resulted from Ballot 144 at
https://cabforum.org/baseline-requirements-documents/ , but I'm not seeing
an EVG 1.5.3

I looked through the mail archives and this was during the period where
review notices weren't being sent, so I didn't find any review notice with
the document. I also didn't find a final copy of the document, beyond that
thread above.

Not trying to pick at old issues, since we largely resolved these with the
"readoption" ballot on a go-forward, but should we try to create a v1.5.3
for the website? Or just add a note that due to an oversight, it wasn't
published, but refer to Ballot 144 for the text?

Also apologies if I overlooked something blindingly obvious :)