[Servercert-wg] Renumbering of the NetSec Requirements

Ben Wilson benwilsonusa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:56:07 MST 2020

In order to move forward with an overhaul of the Network and Certificate
System Security Requirements, the Document Organization subgroup has
determined it best to break up the transitions into discrete
tasks/ballots.  Attached is a pdf that shows the first step in a proposed
restructuring/renumbering of the NetSet requirements -- strictly
renumbering.  For simplicity, I only moved and highlighted one section,
others would be moved accordingly to their new locations.  I also haven't
fixed the cross-references within the text yet either.  We're sending this
out to gauge acceptability before conducting further work down this path.

This table below shows how the numbers/letters would be moved to a new
numbering system.

Networks and Systems
1.a - 3.1
1.b - 3.2
1.c - 3.3
1.d - 3.4
1.e - 3.5
1.f - 3.6
1.g - 3.7
1.h - 5.1
1.i - 4.1
1.j - 4.12
1.k - 4.13
1.l - 6.1

Trusted Roles
2.a - 2.1
2.b - 2.2
2.c - 2.3
2.d - 2.4
2.e - 4.2
2.f - 4.3
2.g - 4.6
2.h - 4.10
2.i - 4.11
2.j - 4.16
2.k - 4.14
2.l - 4.15
2.m - 4.4
2.n - 4.5
2.o - 3.8

Monitoring and Testing
3.a. - 5.2
3.b - 5.3
3.c - 5.4
3.d - 5.5
3.e - 5.6
3.f - 5.7
3.g - 5.8

Vulnerability and Patch Management Programs
4.a - 6.2
4.b - 6.3
4.c - 6.4
4.d - 6.5