[Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL] Reducing Domain/IP Address Validation Reuse to 398 Days

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrust.com
Thu Dec 3 22:02:05 UTC 2020

Hi Ben,

I am thinking that solution could be that effective 1 July 2021, all new verifications could be reused for 398-days AND all previous verifications with reuse expiry periods greater than 398-days  would be reduced to 398-days of reuse. This would remove of 825-days of reuse and also allow the CAs 398-days to re-verify domains. Re-verification is important when the CA provides a service based on pre-validated data. The proposal would also mean that the full solution would be migrated in early August 2022.

Thanks, Bruce.