[Servercert-wg] Referencing RFCs

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Oct 24 08:06:32 MST 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:59 AM Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>
wrote:

> There is, perhaps, a legitimate point to be made about whether approved
> IETF Errata are normative or not.  We haven’t run into that situation yet,
> but it may arise in the future.

Well, we did with CAA. And the statement then was that we explicitly added
it to the BRs as a reference (Appendix A). And there's an update to RFC
6844, RFC 6844-bis, being lead by a member, which will result in a new RFC
number, for which we can then update the BRs to reflect.

That's why I said it doesn't come up in practice.