[Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL] Ballot SC23: Precertificates

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Oct 9 13:09:08 MST 2019

Hi Ryan,

My understanding was that the ballot was being proposed as it has been determined that there is a problem with how some CAs are currently status is provided for precertificates. I agree that this needs to be fixed. I brought up the issue as the ballot does not provide significant time for a CA to fix the problem if they have the problem.

If this ballot was proposed similar to ballot SC21 which stated “to be EFFECTIVE ninety (90) days after completion of the IPR Review Period”, then there would probably have been no discussion.

Bruce.