[Servercert-wg] SC 20 (v2) / Level of detail of motivation

Tobias S. Josefowitz tobij at opera.com
Thu Oct 3 09:42:27 MST 2019

Hi Ryan,

in light of the concerns you raised in the SCWG telco today regarding the
level of detail in the motivation of SC 21, I was wondering if you might
be inclined to give us some input regarding SC 20 (v2) *before we put it
into discussion period*. Not sure if that might be a bit silly because
that is what a discussion period is for, but then we have received no such
input during the SC 21 discussion period.

This commit:
https://github.com/tobij/documents/commit/745fef7bdb89dbc70546afe4aa47b235d99b4247
has the motivation we so far thought appropriate given we have thoroughly
minimized the change (whether this minimization is appropriate might be a
topic for the discussion period, however I do not want to discourage any
input).

Tobi