[Servercert-wg] CAA RFC8659 update

Tomas Gustavsson tomas.gustavsson at primekey.com
Thu Nov 21 01:40:48 MST 2019

Hi,
I have one questions on the difference between Appendix A and RFC8659.

- Question 1:
Appendix A specifies:
"To prevent resource exhaustion attacks, CAs SHOULD limit the length of
CNAME chains that are accepted"

I don't see anything about this in RFC8659 (or RFC1034). Just that the
resolver is recursive. Will the suggested limit (8) remain in BRs?

Regards,
Tomas