[Servercert-wg] [EXTERNAL]Re: Clarification about EVG 9.2.4

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Dec 5 11:57:01 MST 2019

So… Google eliminated the EV UI in Chrome in September, and you have stated for years that EV identity information is of no value in user security.  So why are you trying to tell CAs what EV corporate registry data sources they should use when issuing EV certificates?  What’s your interest?

When it comes to discussion of corporate registry validation rules for EV certificates, I think CAs are more interested in the views and opinions of browsers who support EV and website identity instead of those who don’t.