[Servercert-wg] Document Versioning

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Aug 30 17:23:50 MST 2019

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:18 PM Wayne Thayer via Servercert-wg <
servercert-wg at cabforum.org> wrote:

> We're spending incredible amounts of energy here arguing about the "how"
> when I suspect we all agree on the "what" of improved versioning. In order
> to move this forward, I'd suggest that the author change the version
> numbers encoded in the ballot to match those that the chair would normally
> assign so that the resulting ballot technically complies with the Bylaws,
> and the resulting guidelines conform to past practice.

Wayne,

I suspect you might not have caught up, but that concern was already
addressed in
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2019-August/000969.html in a
way that complies with Bylaws, while still allowing the Chair to make up
their own sequencing. So I think we're good?