[Servercert-wg] LEI Ballot - looking for second endorser

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Aug 23 13:37:06 MST 2019

I’ve made a first pass through your comments and am preparing responses, but I’ve been a little bit busy because I’m currently at a conference.  I’ll be back next week.

Your additional explanation is helpful and I welcome additional suggested language improvements you may have.  There are a few sticky issues that are tough to address and the current language reflects my initial attempt to solve some of the problems.  The ambiguity about who to report it to is a consequence of being unable to come up with a good way of dealing with the fact that the CA may be aware which of the two sources is likely to be wrong, and therefore might know the right organization to report the error to.  However I’m not sure that it is easy or even possible to come up with exhaustive rules that adequately address all the possible situations.

As far as the GLEIF folks go, yes, they are watching this discussion, and had the opportunity to review the language before I posted it.  However they are less familiar with CABF politics and the subtleties of coming up with appropriate ballot language for the BRs.

-Tim