[Servercert-wg] [cabf_validation] Underscores, DNSNames, and SRVNames

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Oct 22 08:25:42 MST 2018

Could you provide any links to IETF discussions that you believe could help
provide better clarity?

I tried to demonstrate via source documents. If you believe these documents
are incorrect with dates, this seems like it would be a significant issue
for the IETF to resolve rather rapidly. If you believe there are additional
source documents that should be considered, that would support the claim,
I'd welcome them as an opportunity to understand why you believe the
underscores issue is somehow particular to RFC 5280 in 2008, considering
the language was introduced and incorporated a decade and two documents
prior.