[Servercert-wg] Ballot SC 13 version 3

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Wed Nov 28 11:41:55 MST 2018

That matches my reading.  The question is how to say it.  That’s why I suggested “one of”, which I think captures the fact that the individual validation uses exactly one ADN from the potential ADNs.

I’m open to other suggested text that says the same thing if you don’t think that’s clear.

To be explicit, my problem with “the” is that it would need a qualifier to unambiguous identify that only one of the a number of potential ADNs is being referred to.  E.g. “the chosen ADN” or “the ADN selected to validate the FQDN”.  Otherwise it is prone to misinterpretation.

-Tim