[Servercert-wg] [cabfpub] Ballot SC3: Improvements to Network Security Guidelines

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 13 09:23:50 MST 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:50 AM Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>
wrote:

> Do you have proposed modifications that would address these questions?  I
> would be happy to incorporate them.

How about this:

  iv.         Frequent password changes have been shown to cause users to
select less

               secure passwords.  If the CA has any policy that specifies
routine periodic password changes,

               that period SHOULD NOT be less than two years.  Effective
April 1, 2020,

               if the CA has any policy that requires routine periodic
password changes, that period SHALL NOT

               be less than two years."