[Servercert-wg] [Ext] [cabfpub] Interest in Ed25519 and/or Ed448?

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Dec 21 11:13:58 MST 2018

Right,

To be clear, it is less a concern of the CAVP side (although that does
provide very valuable data), and more concerned about the fact that
real-world devices in a fully-non-FIPS-approved mode of operations can end
up being less about "HSM" and more about "Like USB".

The discussions of this, as I mentioned, go back some time in the Forum -
Meeting 39 in Redmond spent some time discussing this [1]. It doesn't seem
like any progress has been made on this front since that discussion two
years ago.

[1]
https://cabforum.org/2016/10/19/2016-10-19-20-f2f-meeting-39-minutes/#Non-FIPS-algorithms-for-customer-public-keys-and-certificate-signing