[cabfpub] Forum Ballot to Amend Server Certificate WG Charter

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Wed Oct 18 09:03:11 UTC 2023

Hello Ben,

At F2F58
<https://cabforum.org/2023/03/02/minutes-of-the-f2f-58-meeting-in-ottawa-canada-28-february-1-march-2023/>we
had a discussion about the lessons learned from ballot SC60
<https://cabforum.org/wp-content/uploads/11-CABF_Lessons-learned-from-SC60.pdf>.
During that meeting, a proposal was made that seems to fix the ambiguity
of the current Bylaws.

In line 93 of the proposed ballot, it says:

> /**(d)** There is a mandatory six-month probationary period during
> which any representative of an Applicant must attend at least 30% of
> all SCWG teleconferences (not counting subcommittee meetings) and at
> least one SCWG face-to-face meeting (either physically or virtually).
> After successful completion of the mandatory probationary period and
> meeting all requirements of section 3(a) or 3(b), an Applicant may
> become a Voting Member, if the SCWG determines by consensus among the
> Members during a Meeting or Teleconference, or upon the request of any
> Member, by a Ballot among the Members, that the Applicant meets the
> requirements of section 3(a) or 3(b). Acceptance by consensus shall be
> determined, or a Ballot of the Members shall be held, as soon as the
> Applicant indicates that it has presented all information required and
> has responded to all follow-up questions from the SCWG and the
> Applicant has complied with the requirements of Section 5.5 of the
> CA/Browser Forum Bylaws./

Instead of:

/"or upon the request of any Member, by a Ballot among the Members, by a
Ballot among the Members, that the Applicant meets the requirements of
section 3(a) or 3(b)" /

please update to:

/"or upon the request of any Member that challenges the Applicant's
adherence to all of the requirements of section 3(a) or 3(b), by a
Ballot among the Members."/

I read the rest of the proposed changes and they look good. If you are
ok with the change above, HARICA would be happy to endorse the ballot.

Best regards,
Dimitris.