[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL] Voting begins for Ballot Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
Paul van Brouwershaven
Paul.vanBrouwershaven at entrust.com
Thu Jul 13 10:01:22 UTC 2023
Entrust votes YES on ballot Forum-18 v3
From: Public <public-bounces at cabforum.org> on behalf of Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) via Public <public at cabforum.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2023 10:43
To: public at cabforum.org <public at cabforum.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [cabfpub] Voting begins for Ballot Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
WARNING: This email originated outside of Entrust.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.
This message begins the voting period for ballot Forum-18 v3.
Purpose of the Ballot
The Forum has identified and discussed a number of improvements to be made to the current version of the Bylaws to improve clarity and allow the Forum to function more efficiently. Most of these changes are described in the “Issues with Bylaws to be addressed<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtrIy3F5cPge0_M-C8J6fe72KcVI8H5Q_2S6S31ynU0__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!bNFVGleMIMPkbYIX4zfxpvVCrUfoTDSn-hVTl2lhXdR6eSH7M4zdGXFo-dRMDf7QNriSec_YM6BP7mL0IJJ93prxEF0$>” document. Some preparatory discussions and reviews can be checked on GitHub<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32__;!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!bNFVGleMIMPkbYIX4zfxpvVCrUfoTDSn-hVTl2lhXdR6eSH7M4zdGXFo-dRMDf7QNriSec_YM6BP7mL0IJJ9yiI7QOo$>.
Here is a list of major changes:
1. Clarified that it is not always required to “READ” the antitrust statement before each meeting and added the option of reading a "note-well".
2. Clarified where to send/post Chartered Working Group minutes.
3. Increased the number of days before automatic failing a ballot from 21 to 90 days.
4. Allow Chair or Vice-Chair to update links to other sections within a document without a ballot.
5. Applied grammatical and other language improvements.
6. Clarified that Subcommittee minutes do not need to also be published on the public web site.
7. Created a new member category called "Probationary Member", applicable to both Certificate Issuer and Consumer categories, and separated "Associate Members - Certificate Issuers" from the "Associate Member" category.
8. Clarified language for Associate Members for consistency with Probationary Member for the ballot proposals and endorsing.
9. Removed the member category called "Root CA Issuer" and only kept the "CA Issuer" category.
10. Added a step to check the authority of the signer during membership applications.
11. Updated the Chartered Working Group template.
12. Added some language to the Code of Conduct.
13. Publishing private conversations without express permission is considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
14. Updated the elections language as agreed at F2F#58.
The following motion has been proposed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos of HARICA and endorsed by Ben Wilson of Mozilla and Paul van Brouwershaven of Entrust.
Amendment to the Bylaws: Replace the entire text of the Bylaws of the CA/Browser Forum with the attached version (CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.5.pdf).
NOTE: There are two redlines produced by GitHub
1. Bylaws-redline.pdf (attached)
2. GitHub redline available at https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files#diff-<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files*diff-3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11__;Iw!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!bNFVGleMIMPkbYIX4zfxpvVCrUfoTDSn-hVTl2lhXdR6eSH7M4zdGXFo-dRMDf7QNriSec_YM6BP7mL0IJJ9paDzf08$>3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/cabforum/forum/pull/32/files*diff-3c3a1aa55886ff217ac9c808f96a5e9a9582fc11__;Iw!!FJ-Y8qCqXTj2!bNFVGleMIMPkbYIX4zfxpvVCrUfoTDSn-hVTl2lhXdR6eSH7M4zdGXFo-dRMDf7QNriSec_YM6BP7mL0IJJ9paDzf08$>
The procedure for this ballot is as follows:
Forum-18 v3 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.5
Start time (10:00 UTC) End time (10:00 UTC)
Discussion (at least 7 days) 4 July 2023 11 July 2023
Expected Vote for approval (7 days) 13 July 2023
20 July 2023
Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose of the information it contains. Please notify Entrust immediately and delete the message from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public