[cabfpub] Ballot FORUM-18: Allow re-election of CWG Chairs and Vice Chairs

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Jul 26 15:58:45 UTC 2022

Thank you for your feedback.

We can certainly discuss having an upper limit for the number of terms in the future.  As I noted in the overview of the ballot, there are a number of other election improvements that need to be made, but unfortunately cannot be addressed before the next election process starts, which is only a few weeks away.  The limits you propose would mostly only affect future elections anyway, after people have been re-elected a few times.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add your suggested discussion topic to the next election cleanup ballot, which will be more in depth.  This will give us time to discuss the issue you raised and get it right, since I imagine there's probably a range of variation of opinions on this topic, and it may take us a while to reach consensus.

-Tim