[cabfpub] [Servercert-wg] CANCEL Notice of Review Period – Ballot SC35

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Sep 14 17:08:44 UTC 2020

Yes, I'm aware of the "what", but it's not clear the "why".

The act of combining ballots is relatively new, as you can see from
https://cabforum.org/baseline-requirements-documents/ . Producing multiple
versions of the Guidelines, linear based on when the Ballot concluded, was
something our GitHub flow intentionally was to make easy. While that page
stopped listing dates of adoption around Ballot 189, you can see previous
ballot pairs (e.g. 171+164, 125+118+134+135) that did that.

It seems worth figuring out the challenges you're facing, since it was
meant to be very easy to create a new version of the document for each
ballot, even ballots that conclude closely, and to have IP reviews as such.