[cabfpub] 答复: Voting Begins for ballot Forum-12 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws
an_yin at itrus.com.cn
Wed May 20 08:33:00 UTC 2020
iTrusChina votes YES on Ballot Forum-12.
发件人: Public <public-bounces at cabforum.org> 代表 Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) via Public
发送时间: 2020年5月18日 23:30
收件人: public at cabforum.org
主题: [cabfpub] Voting Begins for ballot Forum-12 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws
The following motion has been proposed by Dimitris Zacharopoulos of HARICA and endorsed by Mike Reilly of Microsoft and Tim Hollebeek of Digicert.
Purpose of Ballot:
The Forum has identified and discussed a number of improvements to be made to the current version of the Bylaws to improve clarity and allow the Forum to function more effectively. Most of these changes are described in the “Issues with Bylaws to be addressed <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtrIy3F5cPge0_M-C8J6fe72KcVI8H5Q_2S6S31ynU0> ” document.
Here is a list of major changes:
1. Clarified the use of the term “Member” so it is clear when we discuss about all Forum Members (which includes Associate Members and Interested Parties), and when we discuss about the “Voting Members”. Adding the word “Voting” in front of the word “Member” removes this ambiguity. Also, the term “Members” or “Forum Members” is now the union of “Voting Members”, “Associate Members” and “Interested Parties”.
2. Added the term “Voting Representative” which is designated by each Member. Only votes submitted by Voting Representatives will be considered.
3. Replaced “Forum wiki” with the properly defined term “Member Web Site”.
4. Removed references for Webmaster in the definition of “Public Web Site” since it is repeated in section 5.2.
5. Added the Photography Policy in Exhibit D.
6. Clarify 4.1 (2) that Forum Members nominate representatives
7. Allow Informative Changes to Guidelines
8. In 5.3.1 require that a Certificate Issuer is trusted in the “latest” software produced by a Certificate Consumer
9. In 4.1 the Chair is eligible to be elected as Chair after having vacated the position as Chair for at least one (1) term, instead of two (2) years.
-- MOTION BEGINS --
Amendment to the Bylaws: Replace the entire text of the Bylaws of the CA/Browser Forum with the attached version (CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.3.pdf).
NOTE: There are three redline versions:
1. PDF (attached as "CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.3-redline.pdf")
2. DOCX (attached as "CA-Browser Forum Bylaws v2.3-redline.docx")
3. GitHub redline available at https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/fc63be73323195abc4e462708ca0385e37b7043d..a94d136c6ddbd0024e9bdc70785aa71f1e2f6753#diff-c2f0349076f544cc0e9f059f30f21a85
-- MOTION ENDS --
The procedure for approval of this ballot is as follows:
Forum-12 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws
Start time (15:00 UTC)
End time (15:00 UTC)
Discussion (14 days)
04 May 2020
18 May 2020
Vote for approval (7 days)
18 May 2020
25 May 2020
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public