[cabfpub] Forum-12 - Update CA/B Forum Bylaws

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon May 18 10:25:15 MST 2020

Dear Anna,

Section 5.5 has language for all categories and it explicitly states
that each category must sign an IPR agreement. All we did is change the
previous meaning of "Members" (which was linked to "full members",
namely CAs and Browsers) to explicitly call them "Voting Members". If
you look at the rest of the first paragraph of 5.5, it describes the
obligations of "Voting Members", not just any type of Members, so I
believe the term "Voting Members" is accurate in the updated language.
It even describes how this type of Member changes to "Associate Member"
if it fails to deliver a signed IPR agreement when this agreement is
amended.

I apologize for starting the voting period before noticing your email.
In fact, it arrived to my mailbox minutes before the discussion period
ended and I didn't notice. There was no intention to dismiss your
comments without discussing. This is why we had an extended time for
discussion, so we can give everyone more time to go over the changes.
Now that the voting started, I can only encourage Members to vote
according to the existing language, and hopefully my clarifications
address your concerns.

Sincerely,
Dimitris.