[cabfpub] Prepare ballot to allow Chair/Vice-Chair to make informative (not normative) changes to Final Guidelines and Final Maintenance Guidelines

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Mon Feb 3 10:02:51 UTC 2020

Here is an attempt to capture our latest discussion. Ryan, please update
as necessary to better address the concerns you raised about the ballot
overriding process. If there are no objections, I expect to add this
language in the new revison of the Bylaws. I am not sure it needs to be
included in the SCWG charter because it describes a procedure that all
Working Groups may use if needed.

*— DRAFT TEXT BEGINS —*

The Chair or Vice-Chair of a CWG is allowed to perform changes to
informative (non-normative) parts of a Final Guideline or Final
Maintenance Guideline before it is published to the public web site and
without requiring a ballot procedure. The set of changes are limited to:

  *
    The cover page,
  *
    The Table of Contents,
  *
    The year in the “Copyright” information,
  * Footers with page numbers

The Chair or Vice-Chair of a CWG is also allowed to perform the
following changes, unless the ballot explicitly updates this information:

  * The Guideline version number,
  *
    Headers/Footers with version numbers,
  *
    The table with document revisions or Document History,
  * The table with Relevant Dates.

*— DRAFT TEXT ENDS—*

Thank you,
Dimitris.