[cabfpub] Final minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - July 23, 2020

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Sun Aug 9 18:24:25 UTC 2020

These are the Final minutes of the Teleconference described in the
subject of this message.*
***

    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Ben Wilson (Mozilla), Bruce Morton (Entrust Datacard), Chris McMillan
(Visa), Clint Wilson (Apple), Corey Bonnell (SecureTrust), Chris
Kemmerer (SSL.com), Daniela Hood (GoDaddy), Dean Coclin (Digicert),
Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Dustin
Hollenback (Microsoft), Enrico Entschew (D-TRUST), Hazhar Ismail (MSC
Trustgate), Huo Haitao (Halton) (360 Browser), Inaba Atsushi
(GlobalSign), India Donald (US Federal PKI Management Authority), Janet
Hines (SecureTrust), Jeff Ward (CPA Canada/WebTrust), Joanna Fox
(GoDaddy), Johny Reading (GoDaddy), Karina Sirota (Microsoft), Michelle
Coon (OATI), Michol Murray (GoDaddy), Mike Reilly (Microsoft), Neil
Dunbar (TrustCor Systems), Peter Miskovic (Disig), Rae Ann Gonzales
(Godaddy), Rich Smith (Sectigo), Robin Alden (Sectigo), Shelley Brewer
(Digicert), Stephen Davidson (Digicert), Thanos Vrachnos (SSL.com), Tim
Hollebeek (Digicert), Tobias Josefowitz (Opera Software AS), Travis
Graham (GoDaddy), Wayne Thayer (Mozilla), Wendy Brown (US Federal PKI
Management Authority).

    Minutes

      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance.

      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Antitrust Statement was read.

      3. Review Agenda

No changes to the agenda were noted.

      4. Approval of minutes from previous teleconference

No objections to approval of minutes.

      5. Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee update

Nobody who attended the last Infrastructure Subcommittee meeting was on
this call, thus no update.

<https://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2020-May/000240.html>

      6. Code Signing Working Group update

Dean: Out of the previous week's meeting there is a Ballot in Voting
Period currently, to approve the combination of the EV Guidelines and
the non-EV Code Signing Guidelines into one document. Voting started
earlier this week and is now in progress, all members of the WG are
hereby urged to vote sooner rather than later.

The WG has a TODO list of items that the WG is planning to change in a
future update to the document and is proceeding with working on these
items. We expect a presentation from Microsoft about high risk requests
in a future meeting.

The WG also transitioned over to the new WebEx without problems.

      7.  S/MIME Working Group update

Stephen: The S/MIME WG's charter requires the WG to be bootstrapped, so
you may recall a call for declarations of interest to participate. After
the first meeting of the WG yesterday, July 22, we finalized the WG with
19 Certificate Issuers, 2 Certificate Consumers, 4 Associate Members and
3 Interested Parties. I was confirmed as Chair of the Group, and we
deferred electing a Vice Chair for a week or two, in order to allow
people to consider volunteering. The Group will be meeting again on
August 5, at 11:00 EST, maintaining a two week rythm. Currently there is
a call open for members who may be aware of related standards that might
have a bearing on the groups work, such as the GMail certificate policy,
and standards that exist from ETSI. The group is still open for
additional members, there are some prospect members. The charter is
quite specific as to the objectives and deliverables of the group. The
group will start with some topics that may be familiar to other CA/B
Forum documents, such as "how one goes about validating email control"
and certificate profiles. Anyone interested please reach out, special
thanks to the Infrastructure Subcommittee.

Robin: We missed the initial call to join the S/MIME WG, who do we mail
to join?
Stephen: That would be to me, or to the questions email list.

Dimitris: We have established a management list for the WG, and there is
of course a public list, similiar to our other Working Groups. Anybody
outside the forum can join the public list and access its archives.

      8. Any Other Business

Dimitris: I would like to mention that elections are coming up, I am
working with Dean and Wayne on some informative mails to be sent on 1st
week of August. The Chair nominations will start at August 17. You might
want to start thinking about this process, we will need a Chair and a
Vice-Char for every working group but the S/MIME working group which was
just created. The whole process is documented on the Wiki, "Officer
Elections". Feel free to reach out to me or the other officers for
questions related to the duties, or f.x. for the time required to fill a
certain role.

Daniela: What was decided for the next F2F?
Dimitris: It was decided to go virtual.
Daniela: So for signup, just sign up on the Wiki?
Dimitris: That is very soon, we're not really

Dean: We developed the ground rules for the meeting but haven't send
them out yet because everyone would just forget about them, I plan to
send them out just a few weeks before the meeting, does that seem
reasonable?

Dimitris: I have already posted them on the wiki... First I would please
like everybody to register for the meeting. Right now the Ground Rules
are a bit of in draft status, we will get them more solid the closer we
get to the meeting, any proposals for changes or additions are very much
welcome. We will send a reminder when we get closer to the meeting.

Still have to do some demos and tryouts with Josh to figure out the best
setup and configs for this large meeting.

      9. Next call

The next call will take place on August 6, 2020 at 11:30am Eastern Time.

      Adjourned

      F2F Meeting Schedule:

  * 2020: October 20-22 (Virtual)
  * 2021: Feb-March San Jose, CA (Cisco), June – Poland (Asseco-Certum),
    October - Minneapolis (OATI)
  * 2022: Mar-April New Delhi / Bengaluru (e-Mudhra), June - [Open],
    October - [Open]