[cabfpub] Ballot Forum-12: Update CA/B Forum Bylaws [Was: "Ballot Forum-XX: Update CA/B Forum Bylaws to version 2.3"]

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Tue Apr 21 06:14:33 UTC 2020

We made some progress and we're getting closer to starting the
discussion period for this ballot. We're "almost" there :)

I have created a pull request
https://github.com/dzacharo/documents/pull/2 that contains all the
changes we discussed in past meetings. We have two (final?) issues to
address before proceeding:

 1. Ryan suggested that we replace the term "Full Member" (new term I
    proposed) with "Voting Member". I support this change which makes
    things clearer to the readers. "Members" would be the total of
    "Voting Members, Associate Members and Interested Parties".
 2. We added the term "Voting Representative". My suggestion was to
    leave "the *process *to designate Voting Representatives for voting
    members" to the individual Chartered Working Group charters to
    address. Google strongly feels the assignment process should be
    addressed and described in the Bylaws and be Forum-level consistent.
    I don't have strong feelings about this and would be happy to make
    this process Forum-wide.

I would like to hear any feedback with objections or concerns regarding
these two changes. Unless I hear otherwise, I will proceed with these
updates on Friday April 24. Hopefully, if I get a second endorser we can
start the discussion period on April 27. As promised, the discussion
will remain open for at least 14 days before considering voting to begin.

Thank you,

Dimitris.