[cabfpub] Ballot FORUM-10: Re-charter Forum Infrastructure Working Group
Jos Purvis (jopurvis)
jopurvis at cisco.com
Thu Sep 19 20:09:05 UTC 2019
Ballot Forum-10: Re-charter Forum Infrastructure Work
The Forum Infrastructure Working Group (FIWG) was chartered during a period when the CABF Bylaws did not permit for the creation of subcommittees at the Forum level (only under a particular Working Group). Since the work the FIWG needed to undertake was pressing and covered the needs of the Forum as a whole, it was chartered as a Working Group to permit this work to begin under the existing Bylaws.
With the completion of the recent Bylaws changes, subcommittees may now be constructed at the Forum level. In addition, the recent changes to Bylaws and membership have identified a hole by which membership in the FIWG could be used to “back-door” membership in the Forum as a whole, an unintended consequence worth squashing.
This ballot, therefore, lays down the existing FIWG and immediately re-charters a Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee to continue its work.
24 hours after this ballot passes the following will occur:
1. The existing Forum Infrastructure Working Group will be dissolved per the Bylaws section 5.3.2 item 3.
2. A new Infrastructure Subcommittee will be chartered under the CA/B Forum, per the Bylaws section 5.6, with the Charter of that Subcommittee as described below.
3. The existing mailing list for the FIWG will be repurposed for the use of the Subcommittee, following an announcement to that end on the existing FIWG mailer.
4. The existing wiki pages from the FIWG will be archived, and a new space created for the Subcommittee's use under the main Forum namespace.
Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee (FIS) Charter
Scope - The authorized scope of the Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee shall be as follows:
· To oversee the acquisition, operation, and maintenance of the common CA/Browser Forum website and wiki resources;
· To coordinate updates to public and Forum-facing web and wiki content in support of the Forum Webmaster role established in the Bylaws;
· To create and manage the division of access and content spaces required to help ensure the separation of the work of various Working Groups and accompanying IP commitments, as described in the Forum’s IPR Policy;
· To manage the technical means of production of guidelines and other documents produced by the Forum's subcommittees;
· To manage the Forum-level email lists and to offer management of working-group and subcommittee mailing lists as needed in support of the Forum List Manager role established in the Bylaws;
· To perform other activities ancillary to the primary activities listed above.
End Date - This Subcommittee shall continue until it is dissolved by a vote of the CA/B Forum.
Deliverables - The Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee shall be responsible for delivering wiki and mailing list services to the Forum on an ongoing basis, and supplying access to these and to the management tools for these as is appropriate and required by the Forum. The subcommittee shall not propose any changes to the Bylaws or IPR agreements itself: where issues with these are identified, they may be redirected to the Forum as a whole or to appropriate subcommittees or working groups for further consideration.
Participation - Any member of the CAB Forum is eligible and may declare their participation in the Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee by requesting to be added to the mailing list.
Chair - Jos Purvis shall be the initial Chair of the Forum Infrastructure Subcommittee. The Chair shall not have a fixed term, but the Subcommittee may change its Chair from time to time by consensus of the Members participating in the Subcommittee or by voting method chosen by the Members by consensus.
Communication - Subcommittee communications and documents shall be posted on mailing-lists where the mail-archives are publicly accessible, and the Subcommittee shall publish minutes of its meetings to the Forum wiki.
Effect of Forum Bylaws Amendment for Subcommittees - In the event the Forum Bylaws are amended to add or modify general rules governing Forum Subcommittees and how they operate (“General Rules”), the provisions of the General Rules shall take precedence over this charter.
Ballot Discussion Begins20 Sept 2019 21:00 UTC
Ballot Discussion Concludes27 Sept 2019 21:00 UTC
Ballot Vote Begins27 Sept 2019 22:00 UTC
Ballot Vote Ends4 Oct 2019 22:00 UTC
Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems | Cryptographic Services
PGP: 0xFD802FEE07D19105 | +1 919.991.9114 (desk)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3699 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Public