[cabfpub] DRAFT Ballot Forum-XX: Allow Informative Changes to Guidelines

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Fri Sep 13 10:00:47 MST 2019

On 2019-09-11 6:40 μ.μ., Ryan Sleevi via Public wrote:

>     I also feel a bit offended by your expression that I am "committed
>     to avoiding changes to the Bylaws". I would very much like to make
>     this a Bylaws update but I respect the majority's opinion not to
>     make small changes to Bylaws.
>

> It's unclear why offense was received, but it was certainly not
> intended. You made it clear in your earlier message that you believe
> this should be in the Bylaws and you are intentionally not placing it
> in the Bylaws. That seems a very clear, intentional choice, especially
> in light of past discussion why it should be in the Bylaws, not do it.

I hope you understand that wanting to do one thing (propose this simple
change in the Bylaws) but not doing it because the majority asked for it
(as I explained, the majority doesn't like small changes to Bylaws
because it involves a lot of legal reviews, etc), doesn't mean that I am
"*committed *to avoid changes to the Bylaws". In any case, thanks for
clarifying that it was not intended.

You provided a very detailed response that captures the topic very well.
I will carefully review and consider how we can approach this in the
best way.

Dimitris.