[cabfpub] Is the PITRA requirement applicable to DTPs

Adriano Santoni adriano.santoni at staff.aruba.it
Mon Nov 4 07:46:16 UTC 2019

All,

this is probably an old question, but I could not find the answer in the
mailing list archives, so please bear with me.

In reading the BR, it is not clear to me whether a DTP is allowed to
start "issuing" certificates (i.e. start requesting the CA to issue
certificates based on their vetting) before having ever been audited.
CAs are required to pass a PITRA, before issuing their first
Publicly-Trusted Certificates, but I am not sure if the same holds for
DTPs. It seems to me that this aspect is not very clear in the BR.

Adriano