[cabfpub] Final Minutes for CA/Browser Forum Teleconference - May 30, 2019

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Sat Jun 29 22:13:37 MST 2019


These are the Final Minutes of the Teleconference described in the 
subject of this message.


    Attendees (in alphabetical order)

Ben Wilson (Digicert), Bruce Morton (Entrust Datacard), Chris Kemmerer 
(SSL.com), Dean Coclin (Digicert), Devon O'Brien (Google), Dimitris 
Zacharopoulos (HARICA), Doug Beattie (GlobalSign), Enrico Entschew 
(D-TRUST), Inaba Atsushi (GlobalSign), India Donald (US Federal PKI 
Management Authority), Janet Hines (SecureTrust), Jos Purvis (Cisco 
Systems), Kenneth Myers (US Federal PKI Management Authority), Kirk Hall 
(Entrust Datacard), Li-Chun Chen (Chunghwa Telecom), Mariusz 
Kondratowicz (Opera Software AS), Michelle Coon (OATI), Mike Reilly 
(Microsoft), Peter Miskovic (Disig), Robin Alden (Sectigo), Ryan Sleevi 
(Google), Shelley Brewer (Digicert), Tim Callan (Sectigo), Tomasz Nowak 
(Opera Software AS), Trevoli Ponds-White (Amazon).


    Minutes


      1. Roll Call

The Chair took attendance.


      2. Read Antitrust Statement

The Antitrust Statement was read.


      3. Review Agenda

Today's Agenda was approved.


      4. Approval of minutes from previous teleconference

The minutes from the previous teleconference were approved and will be 
circulated to the public list.

The minutes from F2F 46 were approved and will be posted to the public 
web site.


      5. Results of Membership applications of MSC Trustgate and iTrusChina

The Server Certificate Working Group approved the applications of MSC 
Trustgate and iTrusChina as Associate Members in the Root Certificate 
Issuer category with a duration of 12 months. Before this time expires, 
the SCWG will re-examine the associate membership status of these two CAs.


      6. Forum Infrastructure Working Group update

Jos provided the report. The WG discussed the fact that some Members 
would like to know which representatives have access to which resources 
(wiki, management mailing lists, public lists with posting rights, etc). 
Access to these resources should be granular so that a Member can choose 
the different access privileges of their representatives per resource. 
This seems difficult to maintain. As a first step, the Infrastructure WG 
will send a message to the management list with the access information 
of various resources per member.

Ultimately, the Spreadsheet should be the single source of truth for 
membership access.

We had some difficulties with migrating the mailing lists which was a 
combination of the old server and the new environment which needs some 
permissions from AWS to allow outgoing email from the new virtual 
machine. When these issues are resolved and we have a plan forward, we 
will notify the Forum in case of outage so that forthcoming ballots are 
planned accordingly.

The public web site (wordpress) will be scheduled for migration along 
with the old wiki. Travis and Josh from GoDaddy are preparing for this.


      7. Code Signing Working Group update

Dean provided the report. The discussion period for ballot CSC-1 is 
almost over and the voting starts after that. Because this is a new full 
Guideline, it requires a 60 days IP Review Period. We will have a quite 
full agenda for the upcoming F2F to discuss possible improvements of the 
existing documents among other things. The WG is keeping a sharepoint 
page that keeps track of those improvements that will be proposed in the 
future


      8. Follow-up on new S/MIME WG Charter


Nothing to report.


      9. Approval of F2F 47 Agenda

Dimitris went through the CA/B Forum plenary agenda for the next F2F. 
There were no objections to the current draft agenda.


      10. Any Other Business

The new Bylaws (version 2.2) have been published on the web site. 
Dimitris has asked all Members to review and abide with the new Bylaws.

The doodle poll for Guangzhou resulted on picking the dates in November, 
so the meeting will take place November 5-7, 2019.

Dimitris sent a proposal to the management list about acknowledging the 
antitrust rules during registration of the F2F meeting so we don't have 
to the antitrust statement at the beginning of every meeting. There was 
agreement that this is currently not supported by the Bylaws, we cannot 
accept it. However, it might be added on the issues to discuss in an 
upcoming bylaws update. The membership criteria need some clarifications 
too.

Doug mentioned that Globalsign is planning on hosting in Tokyo in 
October 2020. The summer Olympics are a little before that and 
Globalsign wants to lock in dates as in order to locate a venue as soon 
as possible. It's not too early to start a doodle poll with available 
dates so Globalsign can get some initial feedback for preferable dates. 
Dough agreed to send out some possible dates.


      11. Next call

June 27, 2019 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.


      Adjourned


      *F2F Meeting Schedule: *

  * 2019: June 11-13, 2019 – Greece (HARICA), November 5-7  – Guangzhou
    (GDCA)
  * 2020: Feb18-20 (tentative) Bratislava (Disig), June – Minneapolis
    (OATI), October – Tokyo (GlobalSign)
  * 2021: Feb-March Dubai (DarkMatter), June – Poland (Asseco-Certum),
    October [Open]

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/attachments/20190630/e17af90a/attachment.html>


More information about the Public mailing list