[cabfpub] Bylaws: Add Forum Subcommittees

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 24 17:37:48 UTC 2019

On today's call, we discussed the addition of the following section to the
Bylaws:

5.6    Subcommittees
> The Forum may establish subcommittees of the Forum by ballot to address
> any of the Forum’s business as specified in the ballot. Subcommittees are
> open to all Forum Members. A Forum Subcommittee may work on and recommend
> Forum ballots, complete delegated Forum functions, or issue reports to the
> Forum that are within the subcommittee’s jurisdiction. Subcommittees must
> post all agendas and minutes on a public mail list.

Ryan proposed the addition of explicit language regarding IPR. Something
like:

Subcommittees of the Forum shall not engage in any activity that could
result in a claim infringement of a Member's Intellectual Property. Such
activities include the discussion or creation of Guidelines or similar
standards-setting documents.

Comments?

Thanks,

Wayne