[cabfpub] [cabfquest] BR 7.1.4.2.2.j Other Subject Attributes

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Wed Feb 20 22:26:41 UTC 2019

My response would be that the OU could be a single hyphen minus, but this does not mean ‘absent’ or ’none provided’, it means the organization unit’s name is ‘-’.  (Perhaps other units are called ‘•’, ‘▷’, and ‘◆’.)

It’s definitely the case that 7.1.4.2.2j does not apply to 7.1.4.2.2i, this was intentional because we did not want to require CAs to verify the names of organization units.