[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: cabfpub] Bylaws: Add Forum Subcommittees

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Fri Feb 8 18:12:01 MST 2019

I’m not trying to be difficult, but I’m not sure there will always be agreement on how to interpret the phrase “the Forum shall not engage in activities that carry a significant risk of introducing encumbered intellectual property”.  Clearly working on the development or amendment of Guidelines should be blocked.  Can you give examples of “activities that carry a significant risk of introducing encumbered intellectual property” that don’t involve Guidelines?  I can’t think if any – the IRPA only addresses Guidelines.

I would hate to adopt a phrase like that if it resulted in fights on what non-Guidelines topics could be discussed at the Forum level.