[cabfpub] Proposed Shanghai Agenda covering audit issues

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sun Sep 23 17:59:20 UTC 2018

I believe topic #3 as I have listed it below fairly presents your request on the Sept. 20  teleconference call, as it covers what you said you wanted to discuss – “Problems faced by root programs from existing WebTrust/ETSI reports and terminology.”  You didn’t request #1 or #2 because I was the one who thought of adding those segments when drafting the Agenda – this is intended as an introduction to existing audit/report types from the people who actually run WebTrust and ETSI to help educate the Members in the room so they can then fully understand the remaining topics #3 - #5.

You didn’t request #4 – Wayne did that at the WebTrust meeting in San Jose on Sept. 11, and I made a note at that time.  So I think it’s appropriate to let Wayne present his ideas.

Finally, while you did raise a different interpretation of our membership rules on our Sept. 6 teleconference than we have followed in the past (you said you thought a Point in Time audit is enough for a CA applicant to qualify for full membership under the current Bylaws, which is not what we have done in the past or what the members said they wanted in the Doodle poll) I was actually the person who raised the question of what form of audit is required for membership during that call.  Because Dimitris will be taking over new membership requests in November, it makes sense for him to present that issue.

But I will remove Dimitris as a Moderator for the five issues – each presenter can be the moderator of his own topic.  And I will remove Wayne as a co-presenter with you on #3 and make you sole presenter – but I know Wayne also said he was having problems with some forms of audit reports, so I hope you will let him add his input during #3.

If you want to suggest different wording for your #3 below, please let me know and I will include it on the Agenda.   How much time would you like for this segment?

Discussion of Audit Terminology, Problems, Ideal Life Cycle for Root CA Audits

#1  Types of audits/reports under WebTrust<https://www.cabforum.org/wiki/WebTrust> and their terminology  Jeff, Don

#2  Types of audits/reports under ETSI and their terminology  Arno, Clemens, Phillipe

#3  Problems faced by root programs from existing WebTrust/ETSI reports and terminology  Ryan, Wayne

#4  Ideal audit life cycle – birth to death of a new CA  Wayne

#5  Forum membership rules Bylaws Sec. 2.1 – Audit requirements  Dimitris