[cabfpub] Ballot SC10 – Establishing the Network Security Subcommittee of the SCWG

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Sep 13 23:56:22 UTC 2018

I think that's what the past suggestion was, and I think it's a good
suggestion.

There's no process defined in the CWG for establishment, and I think
there's still some confusion among some members about how the new Bylaws
look - because we're not establishing CWGs (which have IP considerations),
but Subcommittees. We don't need chairs for Subcommittees, there's not a
voting process defined for Subcommittees, and it seems there's confusion on
Subcommittees relation to minutes and such.

I think we say the option is these LWGs is to terminate (as LWGs), and
further discussions continue on within the SCWG to resolve - things like
ballots for the SCWG and Subcommittees.

There's no urgency to convert to a subcommittee or continue as a CWG.