[cabfpub] REVISED Results on Ballot SC6 – Revocation Timeline Extension

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Sep 17 11:50:20 MST 2018

I failed to include Trustwave among the CAs voting Yes on this ballot – Trustwave has now been added below, and on the ballot results spreadsheet on the wiki.
________________________________
[Explanation: We use a spreadsheet template to tally ballot votes, and the template then creates a field with the names of all CAs voting yes, voting no, etc.  For some reason, the template “broke” for Ballot SC6, and created a list of CAs who voted yes that was incorrect, which I copied into the Ballot SC6 Results email I sent out yesterday.  I have corrected the names of the CAs who voted yes in these REVISED Results.]

REVISED Results on Ballot SC6 – Revocation Timeline Extension

The voting period for Ballot SC6 has ended and the ballot has passed.  Here are the results.

Voting by CAs – 24 votes total including abstentions

24 Yes votes: Actalis, Amazon, Buypass, Camerfirma, CFCA, Chunghwa Telecom, D-TRUST, DigiCert, Digidentity, Disig, Entrust Datacard, GDCA, GlobalSign, GoDaddy, HARICA, Izenpe, Kamu Sertifikasyon Merkezi, QuoVadis, SSL.com, SSC, TWCA, TrustCor, Trustwave, Visa
0 No votes:
0 Abstain:
100% of voting CAs voted in favor

Voting by browsers – 5 votes total including abstentions

5 Yes votes: Cisco, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, 360
0 No votes:
0 Abstain:
100% of voting browsers voted in favor

Under Bylaw 2.2(g), a ballot result will be considered valid only when more than half of the number of currently active Members has participated. Votes to abstain are counted in determining a quorum.  Half of currently active Members as of the start of voting is 11, so quorum was 12 votes – quorum was met.

Bylaw 2.2(f) requires a yes vote by two-thirds of CA votes and 50%-plus-one browser votes for approval.  Votes to abstain are not counted for this purpose.  This requirement was met for both CAs and browsers.

At least one CA Member and one browser Member must vote in favor of a ballot for the ballot to be adopted.  This requirement was met

The ballot passes.