[cabfpub] Ballot SC5 - Election of SCWG Vice Chair

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Sep 12 22:05:17 UTC 2018

This is a special ballot for election of SCWG Vice Chair for a term to run Nov. 1, 2018 - Oct. 31, 2020.

Only one candidate has been nominated:

1. Wayne Thayer

Proposer's name: Tim Hollebeek, DigiCert
Endorser 1's name: Mads Henriksveen, Buypass
Endorser 2's name: Kirk Hall, Entrust Datacard

Bylaw 4.2(c) provides: "If a single individual is nominated for a position, the Forum will hold a ballot to confirm appointment of the nominee."  Because there is only one candidate for this position, this Ballot is to "confirm appointment" of Wayne Thayer as Vice Chair of the Server Certificate Working Group for a two year term running Nov. 1, 2018 through October 31, 2020.  Voting will start on Sept. 19, and votes will be "yes", "no", or "abstain".

Discussion Period:  We will start a one week discussion period on Wed. Sept. 12 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time and continue through Wed. Sept. 19 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time, during which time the sole candidate may send out an optional email to the Forum Members on the Management list summarizing his candidacy and qualifications. Members are free to ask questions at any point in the election process.

Voting Period: We will then have a one week voting period starting Wed. Sept. 19 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time and continuing through Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time.  Members who wish to vote should post their vote as "yes", "no", or "abstain" on the Public list by the deadline.

This is SEPARATE from the election we are now holding for the Vice Chair of the CA/Browser Forum (CABF), Ballot Forum-5, where there are two candidates.