[cabfpub] RESTART: Ballot Forum-5: Election of CA/Browser Forum Vice Chair – Term Nov. 1, 2018 – Oct. 31, 2020

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sun Sep 9 19:49:12 UTC 2018

The original of this message was sent to the Forum’s Management email list.  We are re-posting to the Public list with email addresses removed for information purposes.

[We are restarting this ballot after I corrected errors in a prior version – the Discussion Period starts Wed. Sept. 12 at 11:00 am Eastern Time]

This is a special ballot for election of CA/B Forum Vice Chair for a term to run Nov. 1, 2018 – Oct. 31, 2020.  Voting does not begin until Sept. 19.

Two candidates have been nominated:

1. Dean Coclin

2. Wayne Thayer

Optional Proposer and Endorsers: As you know, there is disagreement on whether an election ballot under Bylaw 4.1 requires a Proposer and two Endorsers to proceed (I believe they do not).  If you believe we need a Proposer and two Endorsers, please post your name on the Public list and volunteer to fill those roles on our two election ballots – the first Member to post will be added as the Proposer and the next two Members to post will be added as Endorsers.

If we do not get a Proposer and two Endorsers for this Ballot, we will proceed with the ballot anyway.  The deadline for volunteering is Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2018 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.

Proposer’s name:
Endorser 1’s name:
Endorser 2’s name:

Discussion Period:  We will start a one week discussion period on Wed. Sept. 12 at 11:00 am Eastern Time and continue through Wed. Sept. 19 at 11:00 am Eastern Time, during which time each candidate may send out an optional email to the Forum Members on the Management list summarizing their candidacy and qualifications. Members are free to ask questions at any point in the election process.

Voting Period: We will then have a one week voting period starting Wed. Sept. 19 at 11:00 am Eastern Time and continuing through Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 11:00 am Eastern Time, where Members MUST do the following if they wish to vote:

1. DO NOT SEND YOUR VOTE TO THE MANAGEMENT OR PUBLIC LISTS – instead, send your vote to the addresses shown below.  One vote per member, please.  Associate Members do not vote.

Under the Bylaws, we have created an Election Committee of two people, Don Sheehy (representing WebTrust) and Clemens Wanko (representing ACAB’s/ETSI).  They will receive and count the votes privately and announce the results publicly.

2. Send one email with your company’s choice for new CABF Vice Chair to Don Sheehy, [email<mailto:donsheehypki at gmail.com> address]. Only write one name please.

3. ALSO Send a separate email with your company’s choice for new CABF Vice Chair to Clemens Wanko, [email<mailto:donsheehypki at gmail.com> address] with the same information.

You can send one email with your vote to both members of the Election Committee, or separate emails to each.

Both Don and Clemens will count the votes and at the end of the period, will validate the ballots, and compare their results to insure they are the same.

One of them will announce the results after the voting period is over.

TO SUMMARIZE:

Voting will start on Wed. Sept. 19 at 11:00 am Eastern Time and run through Wed. Sept. 26 at 11:00 am Eastern Time.  Send your election choice to each member of the Election Committee at:

[email<mailto:donsheehypki at gmail.com> address]

Do not send your vote to the Public or Management list for this ballot.

This is SEPARATE from the election we are now holding for the Vice Chair of the Server Certificate Working Group (SCWG), which is Ballot SC5.

If you have questions, please contact me.

Thanks,
Kirk